Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Some Good Books.

I know I've been kinda out of the game. I've got some good reasons though... new twins... and my CD player broke (I only "read" books on CD... It's all I've got time for.) Well, with the babies getting bigger and getting a new CD player, I feel like I can almost get back into the game. :)

I asked my hubs to grab some books from the library- just randomly. He came home with these two. The Lock Artist and Caught. Both were pretty good. The Lock Artist has some language in it that I had to turn off the CD when the kids were around, but other than that... it was intriguing.

Caught is about a reporter who's job it is to catch pedophiles in the act. She goes on line, pretends she's a teenage girl, makes arrangements to meet up with these grown icky men... and when they show up, there is a huge camera crew and a reporter waiting inside instead of a teenage girl. Then she blasts the men on TV.
It seems all fine and dandy until pretty much everything becomes warped. She can no longer trust her gut, and it seems like a conspiracy is coming against her as well.
It's a good story. I'd be interested to see what other books this author has written. I've never heard of them before.
The Lock Artist is about a man who's writing letters from jail about his experiences as a kid, his experiences as a teenager who gets sucked into the life of being a safe cracker, and everything else in between.
He was called "The Miracle Boy" after a tragedy happened when he was young and then he couldn't speak again. He got taken in by his uncle who ran the local liquor store- where after the uncle changed the locks out- he got fascinated by how locks worked.
It got a little confusing at times because his flash backs and flash forwards were only a years time difference- and then it would change to present day 10 years later, and his childhood 9 years earlier.
It was a pretty good book (aside from the language coming out of nowhere)...

AND.... I just started "reading" this today. I am HOOKED! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.
(as I was looking for this image, I saw this was made into a movie last year.... Where was I? How did I miss that?)

1 comment:

  1. Breezi I am glad to hear you liked Caught, I just go it the other day. From the reviews I read it sounds like a really good book.
    I would love to hear you thoughts on The Lovely Bones when you are done with it. I read it last year but I am going to keep my comments to myself until you are done. :) As for the movie, it wasn't a blockbuster. It was directed by Peter Jackson (the guy who directed Lord of the Rings), which I thought was an odd choice. The book was definitely better than the movie (which is usually the case).

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!