Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beatrice and Virgil


I only picked this book up because it's written by the author who wrote Life of Pi. That is one of my all time FAVORITE books. So if you haven't read that one, you must. Fantastic. Anyway, this one was really so-so but it was so short I couldn't just abandon it, plus I had a feeling the end would be worth it. I skimmed a lot of the boring parts and there were a few, but was still able to get the gist of the story. Thankfully, the ending was worth it so I'm glad I stuck it out. It's super short and only took me a day to read. With all that being said, I would recommend it if you loved Life of Pi but don't go out and buy it. It's $24 and if you can borrow it from the library, you'll feel better...I know I do :-)

And...if you haven't read Life of Pi, do it now. I think you'll love it. It's a little out there, but a really great story.

1 comment:

  1. I've been noticing The Life of Pi for a while now, but hadn't heard anything about it, so I haven't gotten it. I'll put it on my wishlist, though, if it was that good, I don't wanna miss it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!