Monday, March 8, 2010

Brooklyn


Ehhhhhhh.....an OK book. I thought it was going to be better. I did finish it, which at first I didn't think I would and I'm glad I did, because I thought the ending was the best part. It's not too exciting. Just the story of a young Irish woman coming to America on her own to find work in the 1950's. She goes to school, works for a department store, lives in a boarding house, and finds and falls in love with an Italian American. Nothing too exciting goes on until the very end when she receives word of a tragedy back at home and has to go back to Ireland. Should she stay in Ireland with her mother or go back to the life she has made for herself? The writing is pretty good, but again, nothing too groundbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments!!