Monday, September 13, 2010

October Suggestions

I swear I'm not slacking!!! I had such good intentions...on Saturday I took the girls to the bookstore and miraculously Charlotte (who is a terror in a bookstore!!!) fell asleep in the stroller so I was able to stroll through with Shannon and browse for once :-) I looked at like 20 books that sounded interesting and texted the names/authors to myself so I could look them up at the library later. Well, all my hard work didn't pay off...my phone decided to be a pain and lock up and I had to factory reset it LOSING ALL MY OLD TEXTS!! Anyway, wouldn't you know I can't remember a single title I looked at!! So, I'm too tired/busy/exhausted to go back anytime soon to look again, but I have two that I checked out of the library recently but haven't gotten around to reading. I went on an "old book" hunt last week and here are two I found. They are ones I've always wanted to read and I'm going to give them a shot at some point...

OK, I'm trying to upload images and it's not happening, nor can I get the links in!! So, here are the titles ...

1. All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy

This is the same author as "The Road" and "No Country for Old Men". I loved "The Road" and this book also has gotten a lot of good reviews.

2. Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi

I hope I haven't read this at some point. I've seen it around for sooooooo long. It sounds good, just don't want to get 50 pages in and think this seems familiar :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have read Stones from the River, I've not read All the Pretty Horses. I've seen it for years, though and it does sound good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and that SUCKS SO BAD about spending all that time and then losing all your texts!!! :(:(:(

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!