Monday, February 22, 2010

A Child Called "IT"

I also read this last week.

I didn't post about it, because I figure I'm one of the last people on the planet to read it

I was so horrified by it, as I'm sure everyone who read it was.

I can't believe things like this actually happen. I can't imagine a mother doing these things to her child she gave birth to. It's so worse than I could have even imagined.

I ordered the next two books in this series from PBS because I'm so curious as to how his story plays out. I hope he talks more about his birth family in the next books.

I'd love to know what you guys, who've read these books, think of them.

5 comments:

  1. I read all of the books in the series. It was so heart wrenching. I still think of some of those scenes from the book on random occasions. It is a haunting series that just stays with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book and the 2 that followed! It is absolutely horrific that people can even begin to treat another human being, let alone a child this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, you are definitely not the last person on earth to read these because believe it or not I had never heard of it. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, Tempie? This one was published in '95, I think and I've seen them and heard of them, but had never read them for whatever reason, but according to the book, this was the 3rd worst case of child abuse on the records in California's history. It is so horrible. My mouth was gaping open for most of the book.

    This is the first one and the next one is "The Lost Boy", I think this is about his experiences in foster care, but I don't know, as I haven't read it yet. And then the last one is "A Man Named Dave".

    This one was a really quick read. You can read it in a matter of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one a long time ago, but it was such an emotional and hard read! Let us know how the other two books are, I'd love to read them just to find out if there is some sort of happy ending to this horrible mess!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!