Monday, February 22, 2010

The Weight of Heaven

Loved Thrity Urmrigar's book "The Space Between Us" so when I saw this...had to get it. Really good read, but if you're not into really happy books with happy endings, I wouldn't suggest it. It's about a couple who lose their only child, a 7 year old boy, to a sudden illness. Trying to start a new life and find each other again, they accept a transfer to India with the husband's job. Frank, the husband, befriends a young local boy. Frank becomes desperate to save the boy from his alcoholic father and the poverty he is destined to grow up in, but does the boy really need saving? Or is Frank just trying to replace his missing son? A surprise twist at the end :)...but like I said....not exactly a happy one.

2 comments:

  1. You always post things I've never heard of, I love it! I have to go look this one up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "if you're into happy books with happy endings" not "if you're not into...". The is NOT a "happy" book...but it's still really good. I need to edit before I post :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!