Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Hunger Games



These. books. are. SO. good! I read them both in 2 days -- couldn't put them down. My hubbers (who isn't really a reader) stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish one! You have to read them!
They are set in the future (which is not something I'm usually into...) but they're not to far-fetched or sciency. Anyway, the controlling government holds the "Hunger Games" each year to keep the people in their place. It's an amazing adventure of a girl named Katniss, a real survivor, who discovers who she is and how to trust and love. Ugh, that makes it sound all cheesy. I not good at this. But stop sitting there, and go get your hands on these books! ;)
***I can't believe I have to wait until August 24 for the third one to come out!***

3 comments:

  1. Sounds along the lines of Ted Dekker's trilogy Black, Red, and White (All three are different titles of the books). It's also set in the future....Or is it? Half of it is set in present time.... You don't know which is 'real' and what's not.
    I normally don't like sci-fi type stuff but even my straight laced mom was obsessed with these books!
    I think you should run out and grab them, what else do you have to do with your time until Aug. when your third book comes out?? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, just "looking" at these, they do not look like anything I would EVER think to pick up myself, so thanks for suggesting them. I am horrible at judging a book by it's cover. If it doesn't catch my eye, I usually totally ignore it! ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy CRap! I just went and looked these up on PBS and I put them on my wish list, but I am number 810!!!!!! for Hunger Games and something like 736!!!! for Catching Fire! Holy Madness! I may just have to break down and buy the first one. At least I know if I don't like it, there are a thousand people of PBS swap who would gladly take it off my hands! Right? Right.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!