Monday, January 25, 2010

Her Fearful Symmetry

I stumbled across this book and when I saw that it was the same author who wrote "Time Traveler's Wife", I had to read it. I loved "Time Traveler's Wife" and I REALLY loved this one. It has all the same imagination and cleverness as her first novel, yet I think it has a bit more mystery and is a little less confusing (if you read "Time Traveler's Wife", you'll know what I'm talking about).
This one is about a set of identical twins moving from Chicago to London after they are left an estate from an estranged aunt whom they've never had a relationship with (the aunt is also an identical twin of their own mother). The will stipulates that they must live in their aunt's flat for a year. They mystery over why their mother and aunt never spoke to each other is one of the many mysteries of the story but things get even more mysterious at the discovery of the aunt's ghost haunting the flat.
The girls and the former lover of their aunt build a relationship with the ghost and the story starts to get really interesting....I can't say anymore, I'll spoil the fun. A ghost story, love story, and a mystery! I loved it :) And, I could really see it becoming a movie. I'm sure it would never be as good, but it just seems set up for that type of thing (I never saw Time Traveler's Wife...did anyone? I wonder if it's like the book???)

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds intriguing! ...alreadyd added to my "to read" list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Way!!! Erica, we have got to start consulting before starting new books. ;) I have this one and I've been trying to decide when I'm going to start it! Ugh, I finished Wench last night (about to post about that) and I started another book, but I'm so anxious to read this book!!! What are you about to start now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny :) I don't know what I'm going to start next. I have to go to the library today to pick up "Still Alice" (trying to save a few dimes since I'm reading so much :) ) I figured I would look there and see if I could find something that I could knock off in a couple of days. I was thinking about rereading nanny diaries because I want to read the sequel, but it was checked out :( So..... I'll browse and let ya know. Enjoy this one! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I started this book last night called "The Wednesday Sisters". It's actually about a group of women and their book club! ha! :) So if you see that and it looks good to ya, grab it, it's about the same length as Wench, so it'll be a quick read.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!